Saenger, Erik Hans, Dr.
Erik H. Saenger did both his undergraduate and post graduate work in physics and geophysics at the University of Karlsruhe (Germany) and has over 12 years of academic experience since receiving his doctorate degree. He worked from 2001 to 2006 as a post doctoral researcher at the Freie Universitaet Berlin (Germany) as the leader of the numerical rock physics group and was co-organizer of the PHASE consortium. From 2006 to 2012 he was a scientific consultant for Spectraseis.
His research interests include scale-dependent estimation of effective elastic properties of fractured and porous rocks, fluid effects on wave propagation, passive seismic data, and development and implementation of various finite difference approaches to model wave propagation in anisotropic and viscoelastic media.
Erik is since 2007 a research scientist at the Geological Institute at ETH Zurich and a private lecturer at the Freie Universitaet Berlin. He is Associate Editor of Geophysics and Acta Geophysica.
- Saenger E.H., 2011: Time reverse charachterization of sources in heterogeneous media, NDT & E International 44, 751–759. Go to article
- Saenger E.H., Enzmann F., Keehm Y. and Steeb H., 2011: Digital rock physics: Effect of fluid viscosity on effective elastic properties, Journal of Applied Geophysics 74, 236–241. Go to article
- Saenger E.H., Schmalholz S.M., Lambert M.-A., Nguyen T.T., Torres A., Metzger S., Habiger R.M., Müller T., Rentsch S. and Méndez-Hernández E., 2009: A passive seismic survey over a gas field: Analysis of low-frequency anomalies, Geophysics 74, O29–O40. Go to article
- Saenger E.H., Shapiro S.A. and Keehm Y., 2005: Seismic effects of viscous Biot-coupling: Finite difference simulations on micro-scale, Geophysical Research Letters 32, L14310. Go to article
- Saenger E.H., Gold N. and Shapiro S.A., 2000: Modeling the propagation of elastic waves using a modified finite-difference grid, Wave Motion 31, 77–92. Go to article